Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Senator McCain Weighs In

In this post titled, “We Need to Stop This…Now”, Sen. John McCain apparently agrees with me concerning the inability of Congress to be about the business of the people. He states:

I'm afraid it's because at times we value our incumbency more than our principles.

Follow the above link at Porkbusters where Mr. McCain is a guest blogger. It is refreshing to see a politician put himself in a position where citizens can tell him what they think.

4 comments:

Mike in Texas said...

This was a VERY intersting link, thanks for posting it. I'll be checking porkbusters for more blogging from Sen. McCain.

EHT said...

You're welcome! Actually, I found it by accident when I decided to look up my ecosystem stats at Truth Laid Bear (see blogroll). This time my vanity actually led me somewhere viable---lol!

Dennis Fermoyle said...

I really like McCain. I like him because he doesn't always follow the party line. On the Democratic side, I really like Sen. Joe Lieberman for the same reason. Granted these guys are politicians, and at times they're going to have to be "political," but most of the time you get the feeling of honesty from them. When it comes to polticians like Nancy Pelosi and Bill Frist, I know what they're going to say before they even say it. I get no sense of honesty from either of them. They just constantly follow the party line. Boring!

EHT said...

I like him too, but I'm not sure he's strong enough to stand up to all the special interests. One Republican who I really like is local.....Herman Cain.....don't know the URL but you can Google him, I guess. He's on Fox sometimes.

I also like Lieberman on some issues and of course, being a Georgia girl, I love the hutzpah of Zell Miller. If he ran for governor again I'd vote for him. I'm not a straight party-line person.