Wednesday, July 11, 2007

13 People Who Were Born on This Day

Here's a list of 13 people born today, July 11th. Some of these folks are no longer with us, some are still contributing to society, and one is very, very special to me.

1. Richie Sambora-----Bon Jovi’s on again off again guitarist

2. E.B. White----of Charlotte’s Web and Stuart Little fame

3. John Quincy Adams---please tell me I don’t have to tell you who this is…
.
4. Yul Bryner----“Etc., etc., etc.!” and “So let it be written, so let it be done” are two of the great lines in the movies and he uttered them

5. Tab Hunter----I always liked to watch re-runs of his movies

6. Giorgio Armani----fashion designer

7. James McNeill Whistler-American painter who created the painting known as Whistler’s Mother

8. Bob McGrath----you know…..Bob on Sesame Street

9. Jeff Corwin---wildlife expert

10. Frederick I---King of Prussia from 1701-1729

11. Robert Bruce---King of Scotland from 1306-1329

12. Matej Gaspar----Yugoslavian designated to be the world’s 5,000,000,000th person per the UN in 1987

and finally the most important person to me born on this day in 1959…………

13. Dear Hubby----my husband, the father of my children, the one who puts up with me and takes care of me

Happy Birthday you wonderful man! I love you very much!

Thursday Thirteen Participants
1. Blogaritaville, USA
2. burntofferings
3. Susan Helene Gottfried
4. Eric
5. Crimson Wife
6. Lady Rose
7. Miss Profe
8. Robin
9. Alasandra
10. Nancy Liedel
11. Sparky Duck
12. Danielle
13. Suprina
14. natalie

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

17 comments:

Just D said...

Who was John Quincy Adams?....Just kiddin....I know he was the 6th prez.

Happy birthday to your husband!

The Tour Marm said...

Happy Birthday to Hubby!

Janet said...

7/11 is also my ex-husband's birthday! funny the things we remember...

Lisa said...

Your husband is in good company! Happy Birthday to him.

Happy Thursday.

Bernie said...

Wow, what a great idea for a list, I might try this one in time (note to self, commit to memory...)!

Our list is up as well if you want to stop by at burntofferings (http://burntofferings.blogspot.com/)

Anonymous said...

Oh please! John Q. Adams. Everybody knows he produced the lesser known beer to Sam Adams beer. Right?

Crimson Wife said...

Happy birthday! What does it say about me that I recognized all the historical personages but have no clue who Tab Hunter is?

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask who #3 was but luckily your first commenter answered that for me.

prolificwriter said...

As the producer of Childrensbookradio, and considering I was just researching Children's authors and came accross your blog, I am glad that you featured EB White's B-day. She is truly one of the best writer's of Children's Literature of all time.

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing Yul Bryner perform the stage version of "The King and I" when I was a little girl! He seemed so big, tall and strong. And also handsome!

My brother had a tremendous fear of spiders. My mother had him watch the television version of "Charlotte's Web". To this day, my brother will not kill a spider.

Robin said...

Great idea for a list. I loved Bob from Sesame Street :).

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

I find Robert Bruce fascinating.

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Happy bithday to your husband! He's in some amazing company, although I am most impressed by Bob McGrath :)

Okay, a president is nothing to shake a stick at.

Sparky Duck said...

Happy B'day Hubby!

Richie is alot more on again then off with Bon Jovi.

Never heard of Tab Hunter

Danielle said...

A big happy birthday to the hub. I love to see who was born on my own birthday.

Happy TT!

Be well and enjoy the day.

For More of My Modern Musings
Support Progressive Change

Suprina said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!
Great TT!

Natalie said...

Hope your DH has had a great day. :)

Happy TT!