Friday, July 27, 2007

Historic Places and Other Things Seem on My Computer Screen This Week

Take a wild guess….what historical, earth-shaking event happened at this church? I’ll reveal the answer shortly, but first…

There’s lots of good reading on education topics at the education carnival hosted by Education in Texas.

The Tour Marm is out and about on tour. She’s left links to a few posts that are lonely for comments. My Pictures In her absence go cheer up a post or two.

Does Your GPA Really Matter? I thought the article was interesting.

Quick! Can you name all 43 presidents in ten minutes? Take the quiz I found at American Presidents

Need some Civil War resources? Speaking of History discusses a few and includes a podcast or two.

I’ve been spending some time this week writing about Georgia’s very own version of Paul Revere. Yeah really…Georgia has their very own.

Here's another great resources for my blogroll----Celebrate Freedom.

and finally, on this day in history 23 years ago today my husband and I were married at the church I’ve pictured here. This is the church my husband’s family attended. I haven’t been inside it since the day we were married, but at the time it was one of the prettiest sanctuaries around. They had just installed a brand new pipe organ and bell system. At four o’clock before I walked down the isle the bells rang for a few minutes before the organist began the Bridal March. It was so pretty. Hubby and I are going to one of Atlanta’s finest restaurants for dinner where we hope to have a great meal, wonderful wine, and stimulating conversation.

Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary EHT! To you both! I can't wait to celebrate my own 23rd anniversary.

Butterfly Angel said...

Best wishes to you and your hubby!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Hope you both had a wonderful time celebrating.

Ms. Longhorn said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Enjoy celebrating with your hubby!

27/43 presidents.. not too bad for someone who never paid attention in history classes!

Chance said...

Happy anniversary.

thanks for passing on the president quiz. I forgot Jackson and Coolidge.