Wednesday, August 30, 2006

An Awesome Sunset to Welcome the Education Carnival

As I was waiting at church tonight to pick up Dear Daughter, I happened to look in my rear view mirror. At first I actually thought someone was shining spotlights up into the evening dusk.

I thought to myself, “Self, what will they think of next…colored, outdoor spotlights. Will wonders never cease?”

It had been a long day, but the fog cleared long enough for me to realize I was looking at a wonderful gift of a sunset. I don’t’ believe I have ever seen the rays of the sun angle quite that way at sunset. Beautiful.


sunset1

I snapped this one seconds later as the light began to fade. Seconds later it was gone…

sunset

The 82nd Carnival of Education is open for your pleasure over at Thespis Journal. Go on over….as soon as I can tear myself away from the sunset I’ll join you.

1 comment:

Special Edd said...

I hope sunsets like this one is never History! Very nice picture. Have a great school year.