Friday, June 15, 2007

Paul Potts...OH MY! A Diamond in the Rough

This young man and his story should remind us all that we shouldn’t judge others by their first appearance. His story is a shining example for our students…..step out….take a risk.

What an amazing voice….what an amazing story!

These videos are taken from the Britain's Got Talent television show. Simon Cowell and the other judges are looking for an unknown act to appear in front of the Queen at the Royal Variety Performance.

I think they have found their act.

Potts told the Wales on Sunday newspaper: "I don't think they were expecting very much. I'm a bit short and overweight and had a cheap old suit on and the hairdresser had used a number two on my hair instead of a four so it made me look a bit bald."

Watch the videos. Notice Cowell’s face and the other judges as well as members of the audience…..PRICELESS!



See Paul win the semifinal singing my absolute favorite song…..Also amazing.



I can’t wait for his first CD!

4 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Wow! Double Wow! I totally agree with everything you said. You only missed one thing - the tissue alert - his voice brought tears to my eyes.

Dennis Fermoyle said...

It's fun to see something like that, EHT. The only problem is that I always worry about how success will affect someone like that. He seems like such a nice, unassuming person, and I think success is often more difficult to deal with than failure. I just hope this doesn't change what we all like about him. I do have to admit that that is not my all-time favorite song. But then, you have more class than I do. :)

Sparky Duck said...

I saw that performance on another blog and he looked great. I can see him right next to Bocelli in my collection.

Anonymous said...

Awesome talent. Unbelievable.