Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Place That Makes You Think


This is my husband. He has just walked down the steps of the Jefferson Memorial and is looking out across to the Washington Memorial. How can you visit Washington D.C. and not be reduced many times to moments of reflection? This place makes you think about the ones that came before us and how important it is to preserve their dream.

You can find other blogs participating in Wordless Wednesday here.

Also the Education Carnival (including a post of mine) is up over at Where's the Sun?

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Snap Catch said...

Great place to think... Happy WW! mine's up too hope you can drop by.

Suzie said...

That monument still makes me giggle

Jaden Paige said...

I have actually never visited there, but I'd love to... looks beautiful. Happy WW!

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

When I was a child, I rode to the top of the Washington Monument in the elevator and then, very much against my mother's wishes (although she didn't stop me), I walked all the way to the bottom. I doubt they let visitors do that these days.