1. If you don’t have a child in school I’m sure you know at least one child. That is one of the most important reasons I know for you to educate yourself on the issues.
2. As citizens of this great county we all have an interest in the failures, triumphs, and future of education.
3. You might really find a cool website about a topic you like such as math, science, or language arts. You might locate some of the wonderful sites regarding educational research, technology, or education issues.
4. There are many fantastic educators that are regular participants in the carnival and they don’t always post about lesson plans. When not participating in the carnival they post about personal issues, movies, political issues, and many other interesting things.
5. Educate yourself on new trends, new strategies, and new issues that are at the forefront of education today….some that could make or break the future of education.
6. Find out what really goes on in classrooms across the nation. It isn’t what YOU remember….
7. Understand that we have terrific forum for discussion here that provides opportunities for ALL stakeholders in education to particpate in fluid conversations about what we can do to improve education.
8. Education has become a political football. Don’t let a politician win your vote simply because you aren’t up on all sides of an educational issue. A simple click through can give you a new perspective.
9. Speaking of perspectives you’ll discover that educators don’t always stick together. We differ on many issues, but we debate in a somewhat respectful manner.
10. Recently Jay Matthews, a columnist at the Washington Post, stated in a column that educators have a terrific venue to "advance taxpayer's understanding of educational issues". I couldn't agree more.
11. You’ll find a warm, supportive group of people.
12. You might actually pick up on something that could help your child in a particular subject.
13. You’ll discover that some educators don’t attempt to make everything seem wonderful. They tell it like is…..warts and all including a rant here and there.
You find the newest edition of the education carnival here. Choose a topic that interests you and get involved in the conversation!
3. Miss Profe
10. Ms. George
13. The Educational Tour Marm