Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Three-fer of Tuesday Thoughts

Growing up the only male in my home was my father, so when my sister got married it was a bit traumatic. It was a bit traumatic for my brother-in-law as well. My father was used to the drama, but my dear brother-in-law wasn’t. Somehow we all managed to get through the bad times as well as the good, and he and sister dear are still married after almost 30 years (one month to go) of marriage. Today is my brother-in-law’s birthday, and I wanted to give him his 15 minutes of fame. He’s a great father, husband, and brother. He works hard and deserves every bit of pleasure he desires. I don’t know how he does it but while the rest of us continually show more of our age, he just gets better looking each year. Wow, I can’t wait until he’s 85! Happy Birthday!

Ever wonder how I might handle students closing in on my at me desk? Ever wonder about all those trees on the grounds of the White House? Ever wonder if my students try to impress with knowledge they come across? The answers to these questions can be found in my post All the President's Trees over at American Presidents.

Have you started addressing your Christmas cards yet? I'm hoping for a Bethlehem postmark.

No comments: