Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Frazzled, Frantic, Frustrated

Springtime....that lovely time of year when students are tested, rumors abound regarding next year's room assignments, and where's that damn disk so we can fix the laptop?

Testing is underway in the Peach State. The scream you heard yesterday morning from the southeast corner of the country was me as my proctor and I proceeded to watch a young man nod off not once, not twice, but a total of ten times. Each time we prompted him to WAKE UP and each time he rolled his eyes as we walked away. Twenty minutes into a sixty minute reading test Sleepy only had one answer bubbled on his answer sheet. Five minutes later he 15 questions answered. It's a miracle-----speed reading. Yes, don't worry, I documented all testing behaviors.

Rumors are abounding on my campus regarding who is teaching what next year....who is moving to what room and why....why can't we all just wait until we see the actual plan? Then we will actually know what to fuss over. My team has submitted our plan so each team member can teach their strength. Guess what mine is? I came up with four different ways our schedule could work so that every child has every academic subject. That was a nice way to spend an evening. Our only problem is two team members are out of the building in trailers. For our plan to work they need to move inside. Hopefully the powers that be will see things our way. I mean really, do teachers need full size classrooms if they have less than 10 students at a time? Can't that classroom space be better served as regular classroom space? We will see.

Well, I am still waiting for the program disk to arrive from the computer geeks. Hopefully Hubby will discover what I did to destroy "his" computer. I miss my research, my notes, my files.....

I watched the National Geographic special on Judas. I hate to tell the critics but it didn't shatter my faith or anything. This is one Christian who doesn't think she's been lied to all these years and my opinion regarding Judas hasn't changed. The bottom line is the events concerning the crucifiction of Christ and the resurrection were going to happen whether or not Judas handed Jesus over to the soldiers. It was Gods plan for things to happen as they did.

I didn't learn anything really new.....except regarding how the text was found, changed hands, and sat in a safety deposit box for 16 years deteriorating even further. Sad. It makes me wonder what else is out there.......

3 comments:

Dan Edwards said...

Just another day in Paradise eh!

Onyx said...

I've had similar experiences. I've done the same. We start testing in the Lone Star state next week so the scream you hear will be from me. I also had that happen the first year I proctored, freaked me out, it was one of my son's friends.

Kevin said...

Just a quick comment re: your faith in the face of National Geographic's special on Judas. You've talked about challenging the traditional views of your students in the hopes of getting them to a more mature/thoughtful interpretation of American history. Why does there appear to be a different standard when it comes to the historical Jesus? Why so dismissive? I know nothing about the document, but on the face of it it seems to be a legitimate document -- meaning that there may be something to learn. Anyway, just a thought.