Thursday, February 21, 2008

Links to You!

I received a nice email yesterday from Ace’s Web World letting me know I had been included in the listings for “Best History Sites” over there. Look for the icon posted over in my right sidebar for a direct link to the list or follow this link here. I’d like to thank the Academy…….

As I surveyed the many, many contributions to this week’s Thursday Thirteen I saw a few that might be interesting to history types. Cross and Quill thirteened Noah Webster while Joy Is My Goal gave us 13 advertising icons from Texas. Yesiree, they do things BIG out there.

The Happy Wonderer posted info and pictures of a bonafide California mission, and Buck Naked Politics has been to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I loved the 13 photos of paintings…..some your recognize…..some you won’t, but they are all beautiful.

And my final 13 I found with social studies value….. 13 Egyptologists Observations From Missy’s Window.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks! I'm tickled pink that you found my post worthy of recommendation.

Hercules Mulligan said...

Thanks for linking to the Noah Webster post! I wouldn't have heard about it otherwise! It is a terrific read. I love Noah Webster!

Mrs. Johnson said...

Congrats!

EHT said...

You're welcome Missy.

Noah Webster is an interesting figure, Hercules. Most people just connect the name with dictionary and stop there.

Thanks Ms. Mize!