Thursday, December 07, 2006

The 2006 Weblog AwardsElementaryhistoryteacher is turning cartwheels…ok, those of you that know me personally know that I am physically unable to do this. It’s a long story for another time involving two dogs, and one narrow flight of stairs that resulted in a surgical steel rod, nine screws, and two pins installed into my ankle. But IF I could….

I’m turning cartwheels in my mind’s eye though.

I’m so very proud! I am a finalist for a 2006 Weblog Award in the category of education.

Take a spin around my blog and if you think I’m worthy please vote for me here. You are allowed to vote once each day through December 15th.

I’m so happy to be nominated and your vote is much appreciated.

9 comments:

Kevin said...

Congratulation!!!! Can't say that I am surprised as you have one of the most interesting educational history blogs around. I'm sure I speak for alot of people when I say that it is comforting to know that there are teachers like you in our public schools who are passionate about history and care about students. Good luck and I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Kevin at Civil War Memory

Pooch said...

Congratulations on your blog nomination. How exciting for you! Best of luck in the finals!

I took my WW pic when I was in Italy last September. It's an exterior shot at one end of a cathedral in Florence.

Thanks so much for posting your question.

:)

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Wonderful news! I hope you garner enough votes to make it into a top slot.

Bellezza said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! HOORAY for Elementary History Teacher! I can't think of a nicer way to honor your excellent blog. I'm going to vote. Right now!

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

Congratulations and good luck! You have a very creative, innovative blog. One can easily tell you've put a lot of work into this site.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Now, we will need an active campaign...just voted and saw that a few blogs already have hundreds of votes...

EHT said...

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I appreciate it. So far I'm far below the top three, however, if you tell two friends and they tell two friends, and so on, and so on and so on.....:)

"Ms. Cornelius" said...

Well, of COURSE you deserve it, darlin'!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I just found your site and already like it.

Do you have any links on tying in the Civil War with Reading Wksp. Perhaps some good historical fiction?

THANKS!