First of all forgive the self-promotion....Second I realize I am woefully behind in the voting. A little old teacher's site like mine simply can't compete against a powerhouse professor's site, but still it's fun to see how many votes I've gotten and I'm honored to receive each and every one of them. They are a huge validation for what I do here and I appreciate them so much.
Vote for me because....
1. You never know what you’ll find when you visit…interesting stories about presidents, a glimpse into my classroom, or a personal reflection
2. I work really, really hard on this site
3. I am passionate about what I do whether it’s my teaching or writing
4. Not only do I educate my students, but I educate each and every visitor who sticks around long enough
5. I support my fellow bloggers with comments, links, and virtual high-fives and hugs
6. This is is the only excitement I have in my poor, mundane academic life.....:)
7. A blog award will legitimize my efforts in the eyes of my neglected family
8. Because history really is elementary!
9. My students will think it’s really cool if I win, and we will have a great reason to have punch and cookies in the classroom.
10. The Weblog winner button will look really great on my sidebar
11. You enjoy reading about my quirky Southern family
12.Because I might soon tire of this fal-de-ral without encouragement and Dear Sister will be very cross……ok, that may be a little too dramatic.
13. As a Social Studies teacher it is my duty to remind you to vote……if not for me, vote for someone!
BUT if you want to vote for me follow this link!