Wednesday, March 26, 2008

America: a Great Nation

The U.S. Constitution outlines three branches of government….the Executive, the Legislative, and the Judicial. Checks and balances are employed to make sure no one branch has total and complete power.

What are your thoughts on how our three branches makes America a great nation?

Note: The three branches shown in the photo were created by my daughter for a project she is working on for her AP Government class. It’s amazing what some twigs from the yard, an old silk flower arrangement, and a printer can create.

You can view other wordless images here.

3 comments:

Mitchypoo said...

Very creative! I think I need a refresher course myself! Happy WW!

carmilevy said...

I think your daughter knows more about her nation than the majority of its voting citizens. She clearly has a fantastic ability to describe complex concepts with ease.

I've posted my Wordless Wednesday contribution here:
http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2008/03/wordless-wednesday-pac-man-found-dead.html

Not quite as thought-provoking as yours, but it should bring a smile to your face all the same. I hope you'll drop by and say hi,

Have a great rest-of-WW. All the best!

Carmi

Anonymous said...

here is a very cool page:

www.quiz-tree.com/Declaration-of-Independence-Trumbull.html

(scroll down to see the painting)